What does Upya mean? Upya is a word in Swahili which means new beginning, and you will understand why we made this choice.
The Upya project was born from an observation : there is a lack of orthopedic devices adapted to the needs of patients in search of a comfortable, dynamic and most importantly, an economically accessible prosthetic foot. We designed THIS prosthetic foot: Upya REPRODUCES THE NATURAL MOVEMENT OF THE HUMAN FOOT and has many other qualities:
– Dynamic: thanks to its energy restitution blade made of fiberglass.
– Economical: delivered in a kit to be assembled for a reduced cost and spare parts available separately.
– Fully biomechanical: it replicates the best possible design – the human skeleton!
– Providing unprecedented comfort: thanks to its specific geometry and the materials used.
– With an extended durability thanks to its replaceable parts.